Academic Bodies at the University of Jyväskylä
The highest decision-making body of the University is the University Board with seven members led by the President of the Board.
An academic body of the University Collegium has 30 members. It decides of the number of members in the University Board and confirms the financial statement and the annual report of the University.
The University has six faculties. Each of them is led by a Dean. Faculties consist of departments led by the Head of the Department. In carrying out their mission, the faculties promote lifelong learning, interact with the surrounding society and promote the impact of research findings and artistic activities on society.
University has also five independent institutes.
The purpose of University Services is to operate as a general preparatory and executive body of the University Board and the Rector, provide administrative services that support the University’s operations, monitor compliance with instructions and propose initiatives to develop the University’s operations.
Six Faculties with Departments
Faculty of Education and Psychology
- Department of Education
- Department of Teacher Education
- Department of Psychology
- Teacher Training School
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of History and Ethnology
- Department of Language and Communication Studies
- Department of Music, Art and Culture Studies
- Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy
- Centre for Applied Language Studies
Faculty of Information Technology
Faculty of Mathematics and Science
- Department of Biological and Environmental Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics